· 7 dried Cascabel chiles
· 3 cups diced tomatoes
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 1/2 cup. fresh cilantro, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
· Salt to Taste
- Place chiles in boiling water; blanch 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Drain; cool slightly. Discard stems and seeds.
- Process all ingredients in food processor or blender until coarsely chopped.
- Use with meats, poultry, or tacos.
2 thoughts on “Salsa Cascabel”
Better when tomatoes are toasted
Here’s a link to a recipe with toasted tomatoes (and chiles): “Salsa de Chile Tostado” https://elmercadoblog.com/2013/10/08/salsa-de-chile-tostado/