1 lb. tomatillos
1 jalapeno chile and 1 serrano pepper (for mild to medium for hotter salsa, add 1 to 2 chiles)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 diced white onion
1/3 cup cilantro
1/2 lime (juice)
salt to taste
- Remove husks and wash tomatillos. Boil tomatillos until tender.
- Place chiles and garlic cloves into the oven, on broil until the peppers are slightly charred on all sides (10-15 minutes).
- Turn peppers and garlic over during roasting to ensure all sides are slightly charred.
- Add the tomatillos, garlic, chiles, onions, cilantro, lime juice and salt to blender or food processor.
- Add about 1/2 of the chicken stock baking dish and pulse the blender once or twice for a chunky salsa or more for a smoother consistency