Salsa de Lechuga, when translated into english means “lettuce sauce”. It looks like it’s made with Avocado, but it’s made with lettuce. It’s really delicious on fish or chicken – especially in the summertime – it’s spicy and refreshing at the same time!
- 1/2 a head of iceberg lettuce (cut in chunks)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 or 2 (depending on how spicy you like it) jalapeño chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon of granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon of ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground comino (cumin)
- 1/2 a cup of cilantro
Put lettuce chunks in blender (make sure lettuce is cut into small enough pieces for the blender to “grab on to”.
Pour in the rest of the ingredients into the blender.
Add salt to taste.
Try our Salsa de Lechuga mix
from El Mercado Del Pueblo! It contains all the spices (Just add lettuce).